Thursday, October 4

taking a break is nice... coming back is even nicer

The nub and the gist of the point is I'm back, because today after a terrifying school day of teachers trying to make me learn things, I turned on my fantasmic computer and saw something that has spurned me into action. And it goes by the name of the Viktor & Rolf show.

But before we get to the good stuff( or the beef of this taco that is a post) I must tell you the reasons for my oh so long abscence. It was one part complete laziness, one part busyness and one part mental ilness-ess. I kid you not. Every time I would think about blogging I would go, "Well there's a new Gossip Girl on TV..." then I'd go, "And I do have to study for a stupid science test..." and then I'd go, "And I am partially insane.... I guess I'll stage my comeback another day."

Again, I kid you not. Those are pretty much my exact thoughts.

What sort of crap English teacher gives you and essay on the second day of class I ask you? I very crap one is the answer. And what kind of completely insane Math teacher uses a story about Star Wars and 'using the force' as a metaphor for us not being able to use calculators? I kid you not. And a very insane one is the answer. And what sort of wolfwoman science teacher has arm hair you can see on the overhead when she's writing? A very wolfwoman one.

Oh and as for the craziness that isn't a (total) lie either. Apparently I have 'mental anxiety' and 'panic attack's'; and imagine I just said those two things with the everypopular airquotes for extra coolness. So I have to go to some psychologist who's possibly from Germany( even though I have no proof) who I fondly call the German Psycho.

And now to the center of this taco, for all of you incredibly out of it people the Viktor and Rolf show is basically... Ahhhmazing.




They started out with the basic all white theme that we've seen oh so many times before, and then, just when you thought it was going to be very boring they morphed into an array of pinks and black all accompanied with a pure genius musical theme that included violin necklaces, violin hems and hip huggin forte notes.

And that, Viktor and Rolf, you can take straight to the bank. I loved it, though I'm sure there are some people out there who didn't.


Finally, for the cream cheese to end this tacopost I have a snappy list of all the music I keep on repeat these days:



  1. Hard to Live( in the City) - Albert Hammond Jr.

  2. Something to Believe In - Aqualung

  3. The Bravery - Believe

  4. 1234 - Feist

  5. The Ballad of Gus and Sam - Ferraby Lionheart

  6. I Don't Trust Myself( With Loving You) - John Mayer

  7. Blind - Mega Bass

  8. When Did Your Heart Go Missing - Rooney

  9. Take Me to the Riot - Stars

  10. Diamond Hipster Boy - Washington Social Club

  11. Relax, Take it Easy - Mika

Well there you have it.


And one more thing in a seemingly endless list of things, I, being the amazing and generous person I am have got a little coming back present for you( even though you should be the ones giving me presents if the world was a kinder place. If you go to a completely amazing little online boutique called Misamu and decide to purchase one of the fab designer concotions there, just enter the 'bombazinedoll' discount code at the checkout and enjoy a little slice of 10% off heaven.


You're welcome.



I'm baaaack,



xoxo Alison


22 Comments:

Belle said...

Yea ur back!!! Im so glad, i love ur blog! Gossip Girls is so good. I love the music from it. I really like that violin necklace.
welcome back :D
belle

The Redheaded Bandit said...

glad yer back!

Moose on the Loose said...

I'm so glad you're back! That Viktor and Rolf show is amazing. I love all thw white. So very classy.

Bojana said...

woo, V&R was a hit. I loved it!!

Nice post. I love long posts :)

molly said...

yesssss youre back!!
i ADORE the new header

Aisha said...

welcome back ;)!!

Viktor and rolf is certainly one of my favourite collections for the next season ;)

mwah.

That Fashionista said...

I think I am in love with you! Glad to have you back (:
-R

Bella said...

OMG! You're back! Yay...i love the V&R elegance...so chic...and omg i love you now i will be able to purchase a beautiful outrageously expensive dress for 10% off...YES!!! ;)

Isabel said...

Yay, I missed you! I play the violin, therefore I love V&R!!!

Dilemma said...

I was wondering where you went! I adore your playlist, especially Feist, Stars, and Rooney(I seriously thought I was the only one who liked the Rooney song...it's so damn catchy, how can anyone not like it?).

It sounds like we have the same English teacher; the first day of school she tells us that we have FOUR literary analysis papers due on books we read over the summer (and I didn't read them because I'm new and no one ever gave me the freaking reading list) one every sinlge week. The last one was due this past week and I'm so happy the reign of terror is OVER.[/ridiculously long comment]

fashionistakay said...

1234 by Feist is a good song, though my friends and I agree that the video is not so great especially for so a great song as that one. I liked this taco post.What I love even more is you sharing your school experiences or crazy teacher experiences and observations. Oh so funny!

Fabi said...

yayy V&R!!
I especially like the outfit on agyness, the guitar necklace is insane!!! I want it!!
glad you're back =)

Cordie said...

1 2 3 4 is one of my favorite songs. what a great beat. have you seen the video?

WendyB said...

Glad you're back and hope you feel better soon!

Flashy_Shades said...

adore the neckline on natasha poly's dress

mareGa said...

I'm just trying to get over the fact of Agyness with black hair, she looks so much like my crazy english teacher... and really, looking like a 60-ish old woman is not cool...

Izzy said...

Just wanted to let you know that the interview i online and looks great.Enjoy!

MOLLY GRAY said...

yeah everybody needs a break sometime.. i love the violin necklace.. is so fancy and original...
molly*

Elizabeth said...

yay, your back!! im back too by the way (as of yesterday...) so check out my new post!

yes, i loved the victor & rolf show. thank goodness they didnt have the models wired with their own lighting again!

Jennifer said...

YAY!
You are back woot woot!
your right the viktor and rolf collection was absolutely stunning!

Molly ;) said...

V&R.. what ledgends.

M said...

welcome back! love all the outfits u picked for V&R! cutee