Wednesday, August 22

The post where there's a list of things I like

Hello dear blogosphere, oh how I have missed you. In a bizarre turn of events my family decided to actually go somewhere for a little vay-cay to Whistler, and even though there wasn't any snow, it was still quite nice. So here I am, back, with very visible tan lines and so much to say.

So here is my latest list( you know how I love a good list) of all the things I am head over heels for lately.





How much do you love....



Dior's latest ad's starring Jessica Stam

They're bold, Jessica's hair is crazy and they're colour coded. What more could you possibly ever want? I was flipping through the gargantuan issue of American Elle I bought on the ferry, and I don't know if it's just me but high fashion ads lately are even more fabulous than usual. Those Chloe and Miu Miu ads are pretty hot.


Vera Wang for Kohl's

Yes, Vera Wang is the latest fashion powerhouse to take the plunge and make her sumptuous creations available to the non-rich public. I've got to say, this is one lower-end fashion line I'm actually excited for. The line is called Simply Vera and makes it's debut September 9th, and I'll be ready to criticize :) [Notice how I incorporated a big word in that last paragraph? Seriously, I don't thing I've ever even said sumptuous out loud. Ever.]

The bold heel trend

You can't tell me you haven't notice the dark, neutral colours and thick knit tights that have dominated the runways, but, in their infinite wisdom the fashion gods have found a perfectly brilliant way to offset this trend: the bold heel.



Quotable Karl

"I am never happy. Happiness scares me; then I am afraid to be less happy. Happiness is a very dangerous state of mind."

-Karl Lagerfeld



Clutchables

Clutches made a rather huge appearance on runways this season, and not those tiny ones that you can only cram a cell phone and a lip gloss into, substantial, roomy clutches perfect for day, as long as you keep it fairly glued to your hand so you don't leave it anywhere.


Cat eyes

There's really nothing hotter than a smoky cat eye, so I say if you can pull it off, grab your eyeliner and boldly sweep away.

Well this turned out more of a runway trends post than anything, but I really couldn't help myself, all the trends this season where just too scrumptious.

Oh, and for everyone who asked where I got my snappy pie chart, I just signed up at sitemeter.com, it does everything for you: tracks page view and visits, tell you where you traffic is from and even tells you how long they stayed. If you want simple access to the site, just click on my hit-counter in the sidebar.

Well I have to go, it's dinner time and something smells really yummy.







ttfn, Alison

29 Comments:

Brad said...

Ah yes ,Stams Dior ads remind me of an edit Steven Meisel did with her in 2003.

And I love the heels.The multicolored balenciaga ones are a bit fisher price does footwear,but they are crazy so I love them.

Jennifer said...

Omigosh love dior ads, thank you for sharing them, so different from what they use to do!

Alexa said...

I loove the 2nd and 4th heels. Gorgeous gorgeous. And as for the Dior ads, I'm convinced Jessica Stam can do no wrong.

lluviaschick said...

love the image you have on the header!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool blog

coco said...

this post has everything one could ask for from a post
and i love those gucci adds

jayne said...

i love the lagerfield quote! that is fantastic and i can actually relate, never thought i'd say that because the more i learn about the man the more odd he sounds, nevertheless a man that is so well informed on everything and designs genius clothes is bound to say a few brilliant things haha

Belle said...

Those dior adds are really amazing. I am thinking of getting a clutch but im not sure yet, i havnt seen any i like.
love
belle

Aisha said...

I love big clutches, the other day I saw a picture of one of the olsen twins wearing thiis huuuuge one (= it was so cute.

Vera's amazing. I love her designs.

aw i'll sign in sitemeter too! =) thanks for the tip ;)

x

LML said...

thanks for cheking out my blog! im loving yours!
and those pics of the bold shoes are soo cool - the shoes are like pieces of art!

Kat said...

Jessica looks amazing in those Dior ads and I have to say they are fairly sumptuous too!
Bold heel trend? So right there definitely is alot of daring heels out and about. Super big clutches just rock, I'm planning an upcoming post about them.

sara said...

I can't wait to see Vera's line.

x sara o

Geisha said...

Why is Sept. 9 an ominous date? School/Work starts? LOL Or do you mean Sept. 11? Oh and I think the Dior ads are amazing too- Great Post! <3

Alison said...

ahahaha I did mean sept 11! OMG how much of an idiot am I? I'll fix it right away :P

Gloria said...

meow.

;)

said...

i love jessica stam :) awsome blog and thanks for commenting mine<3

miss fashion said...

oh goodness. vera for kohls. i saw an ad for it, and i was like freaking out. i dont want people to think about her as a kohls designer.
god help the world.
oh and those robot shoes r very... nifty. and scientific/

Jennifer said...

Jessica has such a unique face, as for karl well he always has interesting quotes you can't shut that guy up.

Belle said...

thanks for the comment. its true, it was the disney channel, but with all the hype i dont know i just thought it would be better. oh well.
belle

Meg said...

Confession - I hate the new Prada heel shape. HATE it.

RE: Thanks! They're actually heels...everyone seems to think they're heels but they're not.

Ana said...

for some reason i've always hated those Dior ads-I love stam but the look of them does not appeal to me. on the other hand i love cat eyes-so slinky and ive been obsessed with oversized clutches for ages. :-)

alexgirl said...

oooh, i'm drooling over all those shoes. Esp the greenish/gray heels near the top. Amazing.
And yes, the Dior campaign is amazing. The colors are rich and fabulous. Can't wait for the Vera Wang line. HOTTT!

l1zzy said...

i totally would wear the heals but alas, I have none :[. thanks for the feedback though! :]

Moose on the Loose said...

I am so psyched about Vera for Kohl's. Liked the post.

WendyB said...

I'm in love with the green Dior shoes.

discothequechic said...

Phew, long post! Hah.

It's really funny, I used to hate those Dior adverts so much, but a couple of nights ago, I was in bed flicking through a magazine, and just stared at the advert for ages, and now it's really grown on me! Hmm, maybe I was brainwashed...

I'm so in love with the Prada Horn Heels. Miuccia is a genius.

S xx

penelope said...

the shoes are fab!!!!!!!!!!!! and as for vera wang's line. i hope that it'll be available right here!!!!!!!!!

Emma said...

I was going to post about those first shoes! You dirty post stealer! Only joking, your posts make me smile like a capuchin monkey on 'shrooms.

hannah said...

all of this is gorgeous. i adore it.

Dilemma said...

Those legotastic Balenciaga shoes make my mouth water.