- Sizes are LIARS!!! You will never be the same size from one store to the next, so don't have a spasm if you suddenly don't fit into a 4 anymore. It's not you, it's the jeans.
- Avoid any sort of ugly embroidering or embellishment of any kind when it comes to shopping for denim. No, that huge purple flower on you hip is not cool.
- Don't, repeat don't go shopping during that 'special time of the month'. I swear to god it is a recipe for disaster. You will end up crying, and you will end up having a heart to heart with the over-made up girl who works the change rooms.
- Trust your instincts, your intuition isn't always just there to fuck with you, sometimes it's actually right. If the jeans look really good but you still have reservations, don't buy them. You'll just end up returning them the next day
- Try to avoid going shopping for jeans with friends, it's such a delicate task already that any unwanted distractions will not exactly help. If you do just have to bring that one friend, make just that she is a super shopper who will not point to everything in the store and say "Oooo that's cute, you should try that on." You must remained focused.
- Don't go empty-handed, get one of your favourite over caffeinated, fattening coffee drinks before you take the plunge. If necessary, get one afterwards too, to sooth your shattered nerves.
So now that I've got that rant over with, what kind of jeans are we shopping for this season? As I see it, we've got a grand total of 3 options:There are the skinnies that were everywhere a while back( and sorta still are), for some reason I think we shouldn't just pass over skinnies...
The wide leg jeans( as featured in Teen Vogue) that were the fashion industries andidote to the skinnies craze, I never really got into them but they could make a suprise comeback...
Or we could simply revert to the plain old not too thin, not too wide leg jeans that seem to always be lingering in the background...
So, what do you girls( and boys) think?