Thursday, July 19

oh no....

I've been a very bad blogger. I've been ignoring bombazine doll kind of horribly, but don't think that I've forgotten about it! Everyday I don't post I feel guilty, I'm the kind of person who borrows a pencil and feels guilty if I forget to give it back :P. Anyways, I'll try to post more often to avoid the guilt and to make whoever still reads bombazine doll happy.

On a completely random note, I bought one of those creating web sites for dumb people book because I've been not seriously considering making the leap from blogerdom to solodom, but OMG did you know how you complicated it is to make your own website?? People who managed to do it, my imaginary hat is off to you! You need to have a server and a web editor program and all sorts of other complicated stuff. Maybe I'll stick to blogerdom for now :)
So now to the styley part of this post. I was a bit shocked to realize that my style has evolved in a quite dramatic way with out me even noticing! Crazy really. I used to be all over the place, clashing prints, bold colours( you know how I love them) and tons of chunky vintage jewelery; but lately I find myself wearing really different stuff. My everyday uniform now is a black or white shirt, not like a t-shirt but like a long or 3/4 sleeve, then my jeans that are so old they're naturally distressed, and some black ballet flats. Oh and I still wear some chunky vintage jewelery.

I think I've gone boring! Oh no!!! Something must be done. But what??


Oh and I joined the school newspaper teeheehee it starts in the summer for the September issue and I've already written a couple of articles.

21 Comments:

ambika said...

Those earrings are darling. Love!

sara said...

I am so in love with those earings!!!

x sara o

Kat said...

Thanks for your lovely comment:-)Great blog too, mind if I link?
Those earrings are dreamy and that story about you finding a Chanel, is surely the kind of thing fairytales are made!

Ana said...

cute blog...love the earrings and you are such a lucky duck with the chanel bag. btw i love that bloc party song.
trade links?
<3ana
http://snazzyfashion.blogspot.com/

Tru said...

love the earring and you're not boring jsut seems more mature is all we all go through those pahses. and as for the webstie making I knwo it si so hard. I've tried and it just takes so much work I honestly don't know how anyone has time.

Model Citzen said...

well helloooooooo there! you've been missed. so are you writing about fashion? and i totally know what you're feeling when you don't post... cause i feel the same whenever i slack

Bella said...

Oooo...the newspaper! I'm going to join mine too...im excited....and as for your style transformation, its just growing up and maturing...i used to wear insanly printed and colorful craziness, but now im chicer...or at least i like to think so lol

penelope said...

haha i understand d part abt gg boring. i'm feeling tt right now.. anyhow. i love d earrings and flats!!! scream!! i'd be so cute if it's yellow, though. =p haha

thanks for yr comment.
plaids rock!!! and as for florals..
i thinkit'd be awesome wif black leather biker jacks=p another hot trend next season!!!

Ana said...

added you to my links :-)
<3ana

Gloria said...

alison-- I don't think you've gone boring! It's a cute uniform if anything. Hey, you've got chunky vintage jewelry :)

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the guilty thing-- it happens to me all the time!

London Fashion Girl said...

love the blog.
you wanna trade links??

maya said...

i go through boringish phases sometimes but i always go back to my loud bright 60's 70's 80's all over the place style in the end.

muze1990 said...

I used to have a website with Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle (FBL) on it but then I discoverd a much easier way, blogger :P! It's fun to have your own website, but there's indeed a lot going around. And your not the only one that thinks you dress boring. Me 2. Yesterday was my last day @ work, and yeah if you have a summerjob, getting yourself ready must be done in very little time and very boring clothes! Lucky I have vacation know, I thought that I lost my fashion-sense...:S!

Emily ♥ said...

ah-dore the earings! (:

fashionistakay said...

I think I recently went thru something similar to what you are right now. I mean when your working over the summer its kinda like "feh I'll just wear these pants for a few days and this sucky old shirt". But hey you gotta wear the not so good to love the outfit you wear later. Look at those celebs out there, they had THEIR DAYS!

Geisha said...

It's not boring! Just simple :)Those earrings are gorgeous and I live in white...seriously half of my tops are that color.

P.S.- I get the same feeling when I don't post...I think it happens to every blogger :)

Shelby said...

HERE IS MY VIRTUAL FISTBUMP FROM ACROSS THE BLOGOSPHERE! I'm on my newspaper staff, too. We have a siiiillly summer assignment. And your clothes aren't boring. :D

Mrs Fashion said...

Thanks for your lovely comment, I've admired your blog from afar but never commeted cos I thought you were, like, one of the Big Guns (well, you are, but a nice Big Gun!). YOUR blog is adorable!
Mrs F x

Belle said...

Would love to trade links. I love your blog!

Jennifer said...

I adore the earrings and the top you selected, stick around more, I love your blog!

Iheartfashion said...

Great blog! Post more!