Friday, July 27

lest we forget bling isn't just for gangsters

I have no idea why, but lately I’ve been having a lot (A LOT) of bling( diamonds for the street talk impaired) cravings. Am I the only one that gets clothes cravings in general? It’s like chocolate, I swear! One day I’ll be craving tank tops, the next it might be wedges, etc…Back to the point, well I’ve been having a very strong jewelry craving for a couple days now, and what’s the best thing to do for a clothes craving besides go shopping? Go online browsing of course. So I did. And I’ve now decided that I kinda want to be a jewelry whore.

Alison’s 5 Ways to Become a Jewelry Whore

1. First of all, if you’re going to be a true jewelry whore, you gotta learn some of the industry lingo. You have to be able to speak diamond if you ever are going to wear bunches of them right? Also, you can impress your family and friends with talk of non-edible carats (a unit of weight for diamonds and other gems) and baguettes (a narrow, rectangular cut stone).

2. As we all know, bling can get a bit… pricey. Therefore, inform everyone who might be giving you presents in the near future that you no long accept gifts that aren’t sparkly. You can’t be expected to buy all your bling yourself!

3. Google jewelry stores in your area and make a beeline for the nearest one, it’s your new home. If possible wear a black Givenchy dress and bring a croissant. Hang out there as much as possible, everyone who works there should know your name and roll their eyes when they see you at the bracelet counter, again.

4. Get yourself invited to or throw some fantastic parties, the kind where you just have to dress up. You need an occasion to wear you fabulous jewelry, don’t you?

5. Make sure all your bling is fair trade ! Being a jewelry whore is all fine and good, but not at the expense of other people.

Online jewelery shopping is funnn :)








All by Abazias Diamonds


As you can see, I'm in a very blue mood, as in the colour. I've been shopping lately and suddenly I realized I'd bought 5 blue tank tops without even realizing it. huh.

Oh and I've been invited to join the Glam Squad over at Haute Mimi ! Hmm... am I ready to branch out?

24 Comments:

Jennifer said...

that last pair is stunning, you picked some good pieces.
Great post as always.

diary of a G said...

owwwwwwww

Emma said...

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I'm a jewelry whore! In fact, I'm a big skanky jewelry PROSTITUTE! I need a jewelry brothel. Would you like to be in my jewelry brothel? It mainly involves squealing at photos of great jewelry.

Tru said...

i get clothing cravings too

Belle said...

Ohhh Pretty!!! Diamonds are a girls best friend! I want more FRIENDS after your post! :P lol!

KiKi said...

i love diamonds but i am a total jewelry whore too i have an emereld watch that i get "when im old enough"(key pharse for not untill u turn 100)LOL. I love pearls too im old fashioned when it comes to fashion.

Bella said...

Ah jewlery...my calling....those blue earings are so dreamy like the ocean....hehe...i love them :)))

Suma said...

Thats jewelery...I love to view more and more designs and models...Very cute earrings..

cheers,
suma valluru
-----------------------------------------
http://www.kgottfriedinc.com

Kat said...

Ha Ha!!! Great Post:-D I think we're all jewellery whores here!!!!

penelope said...

haha!! i've got a mad craving for those big rock on yr fingers a couple of mths back!!

and i went jewellery shopping! it's d fabbest thing ever!!

froydis said...

oh i get clothing cravings as well!! there was a period i was craving tank tops, i now have about 20.. right now its cute little dresses...

-S said...

i'm getting a little bored with yellow gold, so it is refreshing to see you didn't post about it.

Who's That Fashionista? said...

Very cool...and no, bling is NOT just for gangsters.

rollergirl said...

I LOVE this post! But I'm SO not a jewellery whore, I'd rather have the cash than a diamond ring thanks! The best I can do is my plastic Swatch does that count?

Anonymous said...

ShopStarStyle.com is a website that sells celebrity looks and popular trends in fashions, handbags, wallets, watches, jewelry and other accessories. Shop Star Style shopstarstyle.com Web Store offers Authentic Celebrity Wholesale Designer Handbags at Low Discount Prices: Fendi, Gucci, Prada, Coach, Chanel, Dior, Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton and More! Enter code LUXURY for 25% off your entire order today! http://www.shopstarstyle.com

SET said...

diamonds are a girl's best friend. I crave everything anf it bothers me like food.

coco said...

i love wearing loads of gold necklaces in a kind of jockey way
its fun

molly said...

ive been digging blue a ton as well

Kira Fashion said...

amazing jewellery!
i want it! hehehe

a kiss

Kira

-ciao bella- said...

haha love this post! i'm a complete jewelry whore too, that and handbags are pretty much my purpose in life i think... oh well at least it's not cars or something strange like that

WendyB said...

If you love jewelry, you MUST come see my designs (she said self-promotionally).
http://www.gigicaron.com

:-)

Anonymous said...

Great jewelry! But I love much more Gucci jewelry!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that ring. Gotta have it!!
Sandy

grillzrule said...

Hip hop today is an incredible force upon American youth and even
beyond on a global level. Hip hop and rap have created entirely new industries
such as the hip hop jewelry genre,
upgraded the look of the common drinking cup to the majestic looking
pimp cups, have virtually
created a new and expanding language, and have even affected the
automotive industry with such bold customizations as large spinning bling bling wheels and
transformed fashion and clothing in an unprecedented way and so much more. Hip hop is no doubt way more influential and powerful than rock and roll.