Thursday, June 28

style spotlight: derek lam

It's my 70th post!!!! Huzzah and all that! Wow, if posts were years, I'd be getting into the movies way cheeper than I am now! But if posts were years I would also be old, which is never good. I know, I know, wisdom and age go hand in blah blah blah but really, I'd rather be young and clueless than old and depressed because I know what life is actually like. But what do I know?? I'm 14, and that my friends is the catch 48. Or is it 27? I never got( or liked) that expression anyway.
Moving onwards and upwards, in honour of this momentous occasion I've decided to put the shiny, hot spotlight on one of my favourite designers.... I give you... the Lamster( that's what I call him in my mad brain).

DEREK LAM

The younger years...


Back in the ye old days of yore( a.k.a. the 90's), Derrek Lam was just another wannabe from San Francisco. Parson's degree in hand, he became the assistantman to Michael Kors, and then he won a very big award with an equally big name, and here we are today.
Today...

Famous peeps who love them some Lam...

Isn't he marv and fab and brills and all those other shortened words that mean amazing?

Song to download and listen to constantly: Chicago by Sufjan Stevens

27 Comments:

lovely m said...

wow, agree he is mos def v. marv, fab and brills! haha

That Fashionista said...

Geeze, Derek Lam is a genius. And I love your blog and taste in music! I thought I was the only one who listened to Spoon (: Do you want to switch links?

blushing apples said...

just adore derk lam!

foera said...

derk lam is simply awesome!

Tru said...

wonderful post and its catch 22 dear, that's the term I mean like the book

miss vintage love said...

LOVE it! Derek is AMAZING.

jayne said...

it's catch 22 haha, like the book. love derek lam!

alexgirl said...

I usually love Rachel Bilson's look, but this dress is kinda blah.
But i do love Derek Lam. FABOO.

fashionistakay said...

I've officially added you on my "Fetching Delightfuls" (links). I too like Derek Lam. He has impeccable taste. I remember seeing that dress on Emmy Rossum in Teen Vogue mag. 3 months. I'm still lovin' it!

Lama Drama said...

ooo lala fabuuulous

me_gorgeous said...

yellow coat was awesome!

Gloria said...

hey congratulations! I think I'm still on my 50th post, and I've been blogging for a while now. lol

hellocello said...

ooooh! the fourth and fifth dresses from the bottom are amaze.

haha im not really "in the know"with all of those short wordy things... sigh.. :D

sarissa said...

hey!! i've just een sreading through all your old posts and wow, i actually love this blog, can we exchange links? i love the outfits in this post- and also i'm really sorry aboutthe acting shool thing- there's just one thing i can say, and it's MOTHERFUCKERRR

sarissa x

Geisha said...

I love Derek Lam! My second post ever had one of his dresses in it and I STILL think it is awesome :)

A said...

i want that orange coat
correction
i need that orange coat

the lipstick lady said...

so so cute, I love the dress that rachel bilson is wearing

Kim said...

Oh you just don't know how I adore Derek Lam.His silhouettes are so wearable, but the pricetags break my heart.

The Stiletto Effect said...

hi!

i love the first part of your post, it was funny reading! I love the orange coat :)

ohh! By the way i've just posted an article about: "Are bloggers becoming the new celebs?"
Maybe you want to check it out and leave your opinion!

xoxo
su

Emily ♥ said...

the Derek Lam dresses are gorgeous. Seriously.

Model Citzen said...

derek lam is one of (if not my favorite) designers. his hot ass is gonna be around for a while.

Philip. said...

Why are models so skinny?

As a man, I don't like lollypop-heads at all!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your 70th post girl!
I love the orange jacket, it's so beautiful!

maya said...

i love derek lam but Emmy Rosum looks awful. and happy 70th!

Kappa said...

gorgeous dress.
deff very marv and fab :]

Ondo Lady said...

I was reading about him in this month's Elle magazine and his stuff looks fantastic.

Fashion a la Mode said...

I totally adore Derek Lam. I am just so bummed that his price points are some of the highest in the industry. I will need about 4 more promotions before I can purchase a dress of his without flinching.


I have a blog as well. Feel free to stop by.
Leave comments if you are interested.
I would love to hear your thoughts.

My Fashion Blog is: My Fashion Blog

Fashion Blog: http://la-fashion-a-la-mode.blogspot.com/