Wednesday, June 20

EIGHT random facts! Cuz I'm unique like that

Kay, so I am very out of it I guess, but there is a craze going around the blogging world with this tagging thing; and I've been tagged! Thank you to Geisha, Jennifer and Fashionyou's Molly for tagging me :)

THE RULES
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.


MY SEVEN RANDOM FACTS <3


1. Hello, my name is Alison, and I am a haircut victim( 'Hello, Alison'). Well, I don't know if I can ever trust another 'hairdresser', or even another person with scissors anywhere in the vicinity( BWOTD) of my head. Apparently, 1 1/2 inches in normal people terms is 3 inches in hairdresserland. I am practically a walking bob with a body attached.

2. I care WAYYYY too much about what other people think of me. Seriously, the time and emotional effort I spend on my face, hair and overall appearance exhaustes me. I dunno why, but whenever I know I'm going to be meeting someone for the first time, I get all nervous and automatically reach for the uber-shiny lipgloss! It's like a birth defect or something. Oh please let me not be one of those people who tries too hard!

3. I'm obsessed with getting one, just ONE, good picture of me. So far, it hasn't really happened yet, but it will, someday... someday..... Anyways it's not unusual for me to hole myself up in my room for an afternoon with just me, my camera and a sack load of makeup. I did put some pictures up but apparently creepers could find me so I took them down( against my will I must add).

4. I have been having severe writer's block lately, and that's why I haven't been posting much lately. It's not that I don't love you and it's not that I don't love blogging, I just don't have anything to say, which really is a first for me.

5. I actually have the shortest attention span known to man. Combine that with the fact that I say anything( and I mean ANYTHING) that pops into my head and well... I guess you could say I'm not very good at the whole 'conversation' thing. Mostly because I interrupt people to tell them my favourite type of cheese is cheddar.

6. Am I only at six? Honestly, this is exhausting. Oh, I've got one! I'm craving a chocolate chip cookie right now. Betcha didn't know that! BAM!!!

7. I'm much too lazy to think up a last random fact so I asked my sister for one. She said, "Well, when you're surprised, you kinda make funny non-word noises. Like 'NIAAWWW' and 'MOOO'. It's kind of disconcerting." There you go. Even I didn't know that about myself. Gawd she uses big words! She's only 11 and she's already smarter than me. Now excuse me I have to go look up 'disconcerting' in the dictionary.

Oh, oh I have one more! Can I do an eight? Don't eat me.


8. I am a total music junkie! My Apod( Alison-pod) is pretty much permanately attached to me, but of late I have gotten a bit bored of all my songs. So dear readers, I have to ask something of you. If you comment on this post please recommend a song to me. My Apod needs a refresher. Many thanks and all that.

Erggg now I have to find people to tag. Okay, you may have already been tagged, but I'm tagging I Am the Walrus, Cool like Chloe, Please Don't Feed the Models, The Vehement Lovely, Cathy or Coco, Raspberry Popsicles, and Lama Drama.

Alison<3

17 Comments:

Love Mel said...

tearin up my heart by n'sync!!! yah! love that song..

-ciao bella- said...

haha i completely agree about the whole getting a good picture thing, unfortunately i'm not very photogenic (spelling??). anyways, yeah i'm a complete music addict, and as for a song... hmmm that's a tough one but i'll have to go with a list if that's alright:
all time faves-
Love and Memories by OAR
Look after you by the fray
whatever happened by the strokes
stolen by dashboard confessional
pulling our weight by the radio department
can't stop by maroon 5
fluorescent adolescent (spelling?? sorry tons of spelling mistakes in this comment) by the arctic monkeys

sigh... sorry for the uber long comment and the songlist. you probably didn't want to have all those songs but i just posted that exact list and i just thought i'd pass it along

Elle said...

god I've been having some serious writers block lately as well it succks way 2 be unique with the 8 diffrent things

Geisha said...

Great Post! A song I would recommend would be...um...
"Mas Que Nada" by Sergio Mendes and The Black Eyed Peas! (It's in English and Portuguese).

Jennifer said...

I'm a music junkie too I can't live without it, it would be like losing an arm.
yeah i see your thing about 'caring too much about what other people think' i've always had that problem and its amazing how many other issues can stem from that but I think for the first time in my life i'm starting to get passed it and not caring as much. It takes time.

Teresa said...

I can sympathize with the whole picture-taking dealie. I end up shooting about 50 shots, and one one or two will not make my head look huge or my arm look gigantic.

Shelby said...

Short attention spans are brillant! And for you I reccomend: Singapore by Tom Waits, Mustang Sally, by Wilson Pickett and Stephanie Says by the Velvet Undergerground. Cheers!

the lipstick lady said...

haha, you're very funny. Apod? I may have to steal that name....

alexgirl said...

that was fun. and i love your 7 Facts. I, too, have been a victim of bad haircuts. It's a sad, sad thing.
You're hilarious. As far as music. I was lovin' the new Peter Bjorn & John, but i'm getting kind of sick of it now. I heard there's a new Interpol album coming out soon, which might be good. And the last live show I saw was Sondre Lerche, who is amazing, and hottt.

The Stiletto Effect said...

I also love music, the Apod thing is just fab :)
luv
Su

.m. said...

ahh, i'm planning on getting my haricut soon! i better find a picture...:P love this post, love this blog (i've been reading it for awhile now), and yes let's trade links!
and now music junkie to music junkie, here are some songs i'm always playing these days:
1. Cobra Starship - Hollaback Boy
2. Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girl
3. Rihanna -Final Goodbye
4. Lauryn Hill - I Need You Baby
okay i'll stop there because i could go on for days...

jayne said...

haha, yea im always the one behind the camera, rather than in front of it, for good reason!

and honestly, who isn't craving a cookie!

about your song query, just to let you know, at the bottom of all of my posts, I always recommend a song, so you can check that out. but off of the top of my head:
"whistle for the choir" the fratellis
"swans" unkle bob
"blue monday" flunk
"police on my back" the clash

idk if those are even close to what you like, but i thought i'd try!

Maddy said...

Here's a nice song: Missed the Boat by Modest Mouse. Oh, and then there's my all-time favorite, Ballroom Blitz by Sweet. (And by the way... Apod! I love that! I'm afraid I will have to steal that.)

Bella said...

I love chocolate chip cookies...today i had one but actually my brother ate most of it *anger* that was random...lol
song list for you cause I know how frustrating it is when your songs are boring :)
Your Guardian Angel-Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
9 Crimes-Damien Rice
Champagne-Sugarcult
Trust Me-The Fray
This Is Not the End-The Bravery

That should refresh you :))

Emily ♥ said...

Love your inspiration photo- it's darling :) i also love your music player ! want to trade links? your blog is so fabulous ♥

rollergirl said...

Adorable post! Ok I never listen to new music so off the top of my head I suggest If Music Could Talk by The Clash or Walk Out To Winter by Aztec Camera. But if you want something more current then Roc Ya Body by Ping Pong Bitches or Homecoming by The Teenagers...

Anonymous said...

all Boys like Girls songs are great