Friday, May 18

i'm on the proverbial fence i guess

Ok, I know that the ANTM finale was like a million years ago( last Thursday) but I just have got to post about it.So Jaslene won, and I'm just not sure how I feel about it. Against? For? Not caring? I'm just not sure. Sure, I like her enough( ^this picture rocks) and she has a pretty face but I dunno, something just seems a little... off. I must find out what it is.
So I decided to put on my Nancy Drew mini skirt and check out her ANTM profile.

This picture is pretty amazing, the judges totally loved it and even though she is totally smothered in layers of clothes and make-up, she still seems to shine through. Wow, I just totally blew my cheesy quota for the day.

This is a pretty picture too, but WHOA!!! DO YOU SEE HOW SKINNY SHE IS?? DOES SHE EVEN EAT?? Seriously though, she must weight like 80 pounds. That's a little... not healthy. Sigh, don't you love how Tyra tries to break the mold by getting some plus size models in the competition, and then they get kicked out in like 5 seconds and the winner is a stick insect. Oh Tyra, at least you made it look like you were sort of progressive.

Kay, I looked at all her pictures and there's still something weird, I just can't figure it out. Either it's because it's all in my mind, or it's the smell of bacon that's distracting me. My money is on the bacon. Mmmmm breakfast for dinner.....

Oh, I went to see Disturbia last night, and it was pretty surprisingly awesome!!! Remember little Shia LaBoeuf( or Shia leCow as I call him), he used to be a Family channel staple as the 'kooky younger brother' on that show that I can't remember the name of? Well, he grew up( hehe) and he's kinda... not ugly anymore. My friend Hayley thinks he's a total sex kitten, and I agree. The movie was good and i was TOTALLY scared( but the last scary movie I saw was Gremlins and that one terrified me) and it was all suspenseful and junk and, yea.
And finally, I'm introducing my super new Q&A section! Basically, you guys are the Q, and I'm the A, if you didn't get that. So ask me you're questions and I'll answer them( probably).

Hope you all are enjoying the fab 4 day weekend, unless you don't have one( ha suckers).


PS. I lied, most finally( for sure), SHOES!

Nanette Lampour

23 Comments:

Fashionistakay said...

I expected Jaslene to be booted off first. Not that I disliked her...she has model talent but I was shooting for Renee kinda. And Natasha was consistently really good. Either way though I'm happy for Jaslene.

-ciao bella- said...

Yeah I think that Jaslene is way pretty and hopefully she'll get some big endorsement or whatever. but anyways- moving on- i really like those nanette lepore flats. they are way cute!

Emma said...

Ooh! Ooh! I have a question!
Why is your blog so awesome?
I must admit Jasqueen is a good model but I thought it was hilarious that Tyra was basically like "Okay, so you're a flamboyant Latina, just stick to that," and any time Jas even slightly veered away from that persona Tyra & Co were like "You're losing your personaaaality, where's that insane cha cha diva we sent home last cycle?" I mean it's like she did everything they told her but then they were all "Nevermind, just sell that stereotype."
I wish Nata had won, I loved her!

molly said...

i like jaslene a lot
where is her other leg in that nude picture?
THATS WHATS OFF
shes one-legged!

maya said...

the one time i watched this series of ANTM (it hasnt come here yet) i loved what a drag queen jaslene was.

Maddy said...

Shia LeBouef was so adorable in that movie, and on Saturday Night Live with his hair all slicked back... and Even Stevens was my favorite Disney Channel show as a kid. Total love.

the lipstick lady said...

the headphones are wonderful as alice. dont ask.

*** MeMiLy EdD *** said...

Ok i have a question where is Jaslene from? What state? or town or whatever?
p.s u blog is awesome i love Q and A

holly said...

oh adorable flats. I'm not quite sure what ANTM is, but that girl sure is the skinniest thing known to man

Moose on the Loose said...

The Nanette Lepore flats are so cute! I'm thinking about buying them... oh and I have a question for you. Can you give me some tips on how to really work this basic black T-shirt dress I have? Thanks Bombazine Doll, you rock!

blushing apples said...

i do love those nanette lepore flats for keds, i still havent gotten any! they seem comfortable...

Anonymous said...

I knew Jaslene was going to win. but i wanted renee. I love ur blog and am a regular reader.. okay i have 2 questions
1. what is the one item of clothing you cant live without
2. whats your favorite makeup product?
-Sara

coco said...

i love that shoe

-S said...

i hate jaslene. i think it's the cleft chin. and whats this? no speech lessons from tyra?

Tru said...

the show was called Even Stevens...yes I remember everything its one of my quirks

hellocello said...

yeah i dont much like jaslene either. shes the typical skinny twig model and it makes me sick that tyra wouldnt be daring enough to cast her vote for someone with some actual talent.



wow. that sounded MAJORLY snotty. and i apologize. heh heh heh

Model Citzen said...

hey i did a post on jaslene too, and i'm still on the fence about her as well, but you can't deny her potential. We will just have to wait and see when she walks in the sass and bride show. that'll make or break her. i have a slight feeling she wont dissapoint. she wants it too bad.

Bella said...

I loved Jaslene, I'm glad she won because *cough* Natasha sort of bugged me*cough*

marina said...

Hi. Your blog is great ! Are you interesting in a link exchange with my blog ?
Marina

Lama Drama said...

love it! jaslene is great and i love her...and those nanette lepore flats are gorgeous!

Gloria said...

Jaslene isn't too bad...I mean, she knows how to model. But yeah, that skinny splinter thing isn't working. I mean, there's skinny-healthy and unskinny-healthy and...she kinda looks like the second one.

natasha, though she seemed a bit, how do i put it...braggy (aka "all those girls know i'm the prettiest" or something) but she seemed really a lot sweeter. and she's incredibly photogenic (i mean, she looks 50x better in her photos than real life).

AND natasha looks a little like if cameron diaz and angelina jolie had a baby. plus i liked when she described why she should win...for other girls who have ever felt strange or out-of-place.

sara said...

The finale was the only episode of the whole season that I watched, and from what I could tell I'm glad Jaslene won, Though I really liked Renee

x sara o

Jean said...

Yo did you see that hot one piece Jaslene was wearing you can some just like that if you check out this guide to the summer bathings suits, I happy for her that she won/