Saturday, April 14

what the flip?

I know that flipbooks may be old news to the rest of the world, but for me they're totally new. I just signed up for flip.com and am totally looking forward to making my own first flipbook. I don't know what it'll be about yet... probably something fashion related :P for those who are still a tich clueless, the official explaination is a flipbook is a zine/scrapbook/diary/photo album. Basically its a slideshow that can be about whatever you want. Upload pictures, add cute text and music and *VOILA* a flipbook is born. So while scouring the flipbooks I found a few fashion-y type ones for inspiration. First, this cute fashion quotes inspired one that I think is muy cute [click here to see]. The other one I chose takes you to the inner sanctum of one fashionista, her closet! I must say that I'm very approving of the music for this one too [see it here].

In other news, I've been hearing a suprising amount about this new Vera Wang perfume, called 'Truly Pink'. One of my friends brought a sample to school one day claiming it was like 'the best smell in the entire WORLD!' and it did smell pretty damn good. Strange, I wouldn't have even noticed it, cuz of the lack of a pretty bottle and a gimic. I'm a sucker for a good gimic.
Oh, and I have a new word that I will be using VERY often. 'Blam' is fun to say loudly and suprisingly, I used it on one of my friends in English today and she toppled right off her chair.

14 Comments:

-ciao bella- said...

oh my god- that perfume smells absolutely amazing! i love it! xx

Lama Drama said...

flip books are love, and that perfume is GREAT! I'm a sucker for that stuff too lol

-S said...

i'm not really a fan of vera wang scents, but lately i have loved them, with truly pink and princess.

Emma said...

love "blam."
may have to steal it.
is that okay?
i like that perfume bottle, now i'm compelled to go try it on at sephora and piss off all the salespeople by not buying it, as i am wont to do.

Eliana said...

I've been eyeing Truly Pink for awhile...guess I'll have to go add it to my endless list of things to buy that I can't afford. I'm actually a sucker for clean, no gimmic type stuff, so I guess it makes sense that I like the Truly Pink ad. I still love "blam" though...

Eliana said...

Ha, by the way, want to trade links?

marina said...

Hi. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Are you interesting in a link exchange with my blog ?
Marina
http://www.marinamode.com/blog/

Tru said...

I've never heard of flip books either so you're not alone

maya said...

BLAM!
the bottle is kinf of boring but i trust you that it smells good. I will go get a tester right away.

Poshhh said...

i love that perfume
would you like to exchange links?

oxxo

lovely m said...

!! i just discovered this site as well and i think it is amazing! (:

Gloria said...

Blam, huh? Interesting to see how you'll incorporate that into your fashion-infused entries..:p

lovely m said...

and also, weird.. i got a message on myspace today, and the subject was "blam blam blam" this reminded me of you. haha.

*** MeMiLy EdD *** said...

blam i am going to go onto that website right now x