Friday, April 20

shake it




I gotta say that a little bit in love with Mariana Trench now. They're pretty amazing, and some of my friends went to the concert when they were here and TOTALLY GOT PULLED ONSTAGE WITH THE BAND!!!! I'm soo jealous. And I really wish I went to that concert. The Shake Tramp video is awesome with some killer dance moves and you can get the un-bleeped version [HERE]. (Oh and I love the nerdy girl with her bangs <3)

In the meanwhile... or is it meantime? hmm... I've been scouring the WorldWideWeb for some Canadian designers and have got to say.... we rock. Yeah, now its out there. Canada is amazing. Eh.So thats how I discovered John Fluevog, a very cool designer who specializes in shoes and bags. They're sort of pop arty and totally adorable. Check out his site [HERE].

And speaking of shoes, I need some new ones, since my keds are so small my feet turn all red when I wear them and my ballet flats are completely coming apart. So I have to go shopping and I promise that when I get some new shoes there'll be a picture of them up here.

20 Comments:

Emma said...

christ almighty, i covet those shooooes.
and i am jealous of your friends too, I WANT TO GET PULLED ONSTAGE BY A BAND. it's like my secret dream. or not-so-secret.

hellocello said...

that video was cuuuuute! (so was the guy!) i havent heard of the band before, but they sound pretty cool... to the itunes music player thingamabob!

-ciao bella- said...

that video is pretty awesome. love that red bag- the leather on it is so gorgeous! the imprited designs are absolutely fabulous!! i am most definitely going to check out that site. xx

Dilemma said...

Adorable bag, not sure about the heels. I've heard of Marianas Trench before, so now I might have to look further into them!

maya said...

never heard of the band before they sound kind of emo but fun emo (is that even a thing?) so thats cool. I agree with emma, i so want to be pulled on stage by a band!

the lipstick lady said...

pulled on stage? at a concert?? where a good band is playing??? THAT IS MY DREAM. you should just somehow dispose of this friend and say that it was you, and the jobs done.

Eliana said...

I don't really like the Canadian designer you featured, eh (haha). I checked out his website, and the shoes looked kinda...not good.

Tru said...

you're right it does have a pop art feel

coco said...

love those bags
love the blog

Fashionyou's Molly said...

Ooh.. i like the bags!
Love the band too.. thanks for putting them on there.. i now have a new band to obsess about!!
xox

dianabobar said...

Here is how I wore my golden tracksuit/leggings:

http://dianabobar.wordpress.com/2007/04/22/golden-leggings/

disco fever anyone?
have fun!
diana

Touche19 said...

those shoes = the sex
and I want that red clutch/bag!!!! So cute!

molly said...

yesss i love canada. vancouver and victoria are the best

ambika said...

I've always liked Fluevog's boots but those heels are pretty hot.

Love Mel said...

those shoes and bag are cuute! i love the colour of the shoes

Model Citzen said...

i just realized you're not on my links list! would you like to swap?

thetiniestspark said...

i have the HOTTEST pair of fleuvog boots, they're victorian purple satin bow laceups in the back, with big black buttons down the side. soooooo hot, not very comfortable, but oh so hot. my mother thought i was insane to buy them in chicago when i was just going to take them home with me to the desert, but OH HOW I HAVE WORN THEM. : )

dianabobar said...

Here is a photo shoot I did with the tops I designed, called "Summer Mood".

http://dianabobar.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/summer-mood-photoshoot/

Please do check it out if you have time and leave your critique.

Thanks, have a great day looking pretty chic!
Diana

F.M. said...

Mr.Fluevog, yes, is fabulous. I remember buying several pairs of his shoes about ten years ago and the style was rockabilly across the board. Thankfully, his range has grown.

THE WALRUS said...

those shoes are great.