Sunday, April 8

are we all just wannabe sluts?

Hello everybody! Yes I know I have not posted in like a million years( 8-9 days) and I'm very sorry. I blame Easter. Oh yeah, HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!! Today is the day of bunnies and loads and loads of chocolate and eating it all and then feeling really porky afterwards. I love Easter, and was actually shocked when somebody told me it was actually a religious holiday! I thought it was just about chocolate.

When I was little, the Easter Bunny actually scared the crap out of me, I thought of him as a 7 foot tall rabbit that broke into my house and probably leaned over me and breathed heavily while I was sleeping. Honestly, the thought of the Easter Bunny still kind of terrifies me, even if he's not actually real. Oh, sorry to the people who didn't already know.
In other... stuff, I'm pretty sure that spring has finally sprung! Yep, its all green grass and blue skies and birds a-twittering and blossoms blooming up here in the suburbs of Vancouver. It was so sunny one day that my friends and I actually went outside( *gasp*) at lunch to the field and had a photoshoot. It was very much like an American Eagle ad without all the preppy clothes. Next time you're with your friends and bored out of your minds and have access to a camera, try to take jumping pictures of one another, it's very entertaining.
So finally, another musing: one extremely ditzy girl in my math class had an out-of-character deep moment and said "Ugly people are just jealous of pretty people, deep down every girl wishes she was hot enough to be a playboy model or whatever." This got me thinking; does every girl actually have a hidden desire to be a total slut? We definitely like getting attention( well most of us) but that just seems a little extreme.

15 Comments:

Bella said...

OMG! I saw that picture of the gold chocolate bunny and coincidences of coincidences i ate that bunny in my easter basket today. ironic huh? my friend and i had a photo shoot the other day when we were bored...and surpringly it was the most fun thin i think I have ever done! :) Happy Easter!

lovely m said...

whoah, i got that bunny as well.

lovely m said...

and also the fact that you have lived this long and not known that it is religious is funny. almost like not knowing christmas is religious. omy gosh, we are all so sheltered.

*** MeMiLy EdD *** said...

ooh i love the chocolate bunnys i had one for easter, i don't think i want to be a slut

-ciao bella- said...

I ate that same bunny...or rather four of them xx

Tru said...

I don't think every girl wants to be a slut...I just think every girl wants to be noticed and seen as pretty....every girl deep down wants to meet her prince charming or princess charming if you're into that sort of thing

hellocello said...

hmm the ditzy girl mightv'e been right..... almost. i dont think we all wanna be sluts. we just wanna be noticed in a good way. not nessessarily in THAT way. ya know?

coco said...

i do know some girls who try there hardest to be known as slutty. they even dress as bunnies just to look like a slut.

Emma said...

I ATE THAT BUNNY TOO! odd.
i had to split it with my entire family, which sucked. i hate when people try to eat my food.

ooh, i love spring so much! and taking stupid pictures of me and my friends.

i don't think every girl wants to be a slut but yes. i do think on some level every girl looks at one of those annoyingly sexual girls who guys just looove and wishes she looked a bit more like a playboy model.

L. said...

Happy Easter to you also! With the whole 'slut' thing, on some level I guess its true. But I think more that everyone just wants attention/to be loved. That is why so called sluts act the way they do.

Tania said...

I'm so dismayed - Easter is about religion?? ;) Lol.
As for all girls wanting to be playboy bunnies... well... there's a difference between wanting people to find you attractive, and wanting to be a slut! That's my thought, anyway.

Fashionyou's Molly said...

I got the bunny :) I love this spring weather.. i have been wearings shorts and mini-dresses all week!! And as for the slut thing, my weeks wardrobe kinda speaks for itself! All girls love attention, but we just try and get it in our own different ways..
Wow. Im deep.
Love the blog, im deffo's linking.
xox

Isabel said...

That sounds like the ditzy girl created a verrrry awkward atmostphere. What is one supposed to say to that other than 'you're a retarded douchewad"?

Nameless4Now said...

Another bunny posting! I have one on my blog too, from this easter... though mine is a dark choc bunny.

Fashionista said...

I believe we all have an inner slut...but the actual non-sluts know how to control their inner-sluttiness...(untill it comes to the point where a girl steals your boyfriend and you just HAVE TO get even, that is of course...)