Saturday, March 31

to change, or not to change?


"You look like David Bowie
But you've nothing new to show me
Start another fire
and watch it slowly die"

-Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

I've just realized how long its been since I've actually been on the blog, like the actual page; and it made me wonder if its time for a change. Should I change the layout, or not? Should I go from blue to... some other colour? This is the question people.

Moving on, I must say I'm incredibly depressed because I've finally had to face and admit one thing. I've gained a little weight.
Not like majorly obese or anything, but I have put on a few pounds... mostly around the stomach area.
So I've decided to not panic, not have a spasm and run around in little circles until I collapse (which was my first instinct). I've decided to calmly just start eating healthily and maybe, just maybe, bring myself to( gasp) exercise.
But in the meantime( or is it meanwhile?) I will look on the bright side and wear a lot of empire waists and things that disguise my little issue.

Banana Republic

Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters

Anthropologie

Who says that non-stick thin people can't be fashionable too?

17 Comments:

L. said...

I don't know. I like the blue, it's easy on the eye. Maybe a different shade?

In relation to weight, you can be stylish at any size, it's all about doing your own thing.

Finally, the green dress is a spectacular colour.

Tru said...

that second dress for urban is soo pretty

coco said...

i like the second dress/

the lipstick lady said...

i lvoe clap your hands and say yeah! i listened to that song not stop for like, a year

maya said...

How do you check your posts without going on the actual page?
I love empire line dresses becasue anyone can wear them.

-ciao bella- said...

I have tons of empire dresses and I absolutely adore the one from Anthropologie!
And you're right, anyone can look good, no matter their size xx

Emma said...

i have fatty days all the time.
empire waist is kind of cute to hide any stomach fat.
not that there's anything wrong with having stomach fat but i hate when overweight people wear bra tops. it's like, dress tastefully for your body type, don't just wear anything and everything in teen people.
i really hate when ANYONE wears bra tops.
they are so tacky.
but anyway, empire waists are so flattering!

*** MeMiLy EdD *** said...

yes no matter what u don't have to b stick thin i love the green dress

mary said...

yeah i've been wondering lately whether to change my layout, too.. i'm a bit hesitant, but i'll do it if you do it!
& i love the purple urban outfitters top, it's gorgeous

hellocello said...

high five to the non-stick-thin people!!!!! :D

oh and about he blog update-y-thing... i think you should go some spring-y color like pastel pink (YEAH!) or bright blue. :D:D:D

alluretone said...

i like the blue, but a change wouldn't hurt. you can be stylish at any size- you just gotta work with what you've got.

Anonymous said...

I think u should go with lime green, but thats a little bit bright.. LOVE THE BLOG

-S said...

well, i'd say your background colour is more aqua than blue, but thats beside the point. i love the last dress, but i would probably never wear it as gingham (is it? it looks like it..) is hard to pull off in large quantaties.

Lama Drama said...

Love the dresses, and weight fluctuates, don't worry about it!

Miss V. said...

I know, I've been stuck at home with my revision and I haven't exercised for ages! I can't wait to go out there and RUN.

I like the first dress, and you definitely don't have to be stick-thin to be fashionable!

Love Mel xoxoxo said...

you have no idea how many babydoll shirts i bough to cover up that little problem....

La Principessa said...

Style has nothing whatsoever to do with size. Trends have nothing to do with style. At risk of sounding trite, I think that anyone can pull off anything that they're comfortable in.