Tuesday, March 13

the fashion shows are over but i can still reminisce

Well the fall fashion shows are over and out kiddies and its time to look back and see the crazy things we have to look forward to in the fall.




The Trend: Feathers
Seen at: Nina Ricci, Donna Karan

Expect a fair amount of plumage popping up here and there; probably more tame than these though. Maybe some neutrals like brown and grey.... I can't wait to see where feathers end up in our everyday clothes....
The Trend: Gloves Unhanded
Seen at: Comme des Garcons, Benjamin Cho
I love the whole idea of gloves randomly placed on clothes, and the concept of the hands knitting the dress is amazing! I don't really see this trend getting picked up in real life though, sadly.

The Trend: Gloves
Seen at: Burberry Prorsum, Marni
Gloves are hardly a new idea, but the way we wear them might change. Last fall all I saw in stores were large knit scarves and mittens, but it seems this fall we have some snazzier outerwear to look forward to. Bring on the embellishment and detail!
The Trend: The Arctic
Seen at: Chanel, Stella McCartney

Penguins!!! <3
That is actually all I have to say. Which is wierd because usually I can't be shut up.
The Trend: Garbage Bag Dress
Seen at: Marni, Hussein Chalayan
Again, this look may be a tich hard to translate to everyday wear unless your a farmer, or a hobo, or both. Very practical though, I mean it does look like rain outside...


The Trend: Kitties
Seen at: Trovata

Apparently cats are the new dogs, and they're pretty adorable. If you reconize the people from Trovata it may be because I posted about them before....

The Trend: Tights

Seen at: Miu Miu, Emporio Armani, Nina Ricci

Heres something to actually really get excited about: tights are in, leggings are out!!! So no more half cold legs and annoying pulling down of the leggings, I'm going tights from now on( possibly paired with my favourite ballet flats?)


And on a completely and utterly different subject, my last post did actually stun a few of you into voting for your favourite shoe and the winner was......

These ridiculously tall and probably unbearable uncomfortable shoes!!!

That last post was just plain... bad. I read over it again today and all I could think was "What was I thinking?" I guess sometimes the creativity just waines, and I guess I had a premonition about it, just look at the title....

Sorry guys, I'll try to do better.

19 Comments:

Dilemma said...

I love the kitties, the tights, and the gloves! But especially the cats.

Lama Drama said...

aha those shoes are hysterical!

Emma said...

glooooves!!!
i once lost my vintage leather dark purple driving gloves and cried for an hour.
i am such a girl.

but then i ended up finding them...er...in my coat. so all's well that ends well.

ah yes the farmer hobo chic look. must love it.

Emma said...

glooooves!!!
i once lost my vintage leather dark purple driving gloves and cried for an hour.
i am such a girl.

but then i ended up finding them...er...in my coat. so all's well that ends well.

ah yes the farmer hobo chic look. must love it.

Emma said...

CRAP sorry bout double post.

sara said...

I love those hands knitting the shirt the model's wearing, it's really creapy and cool. And I already love tights.

violetvirus said...

oh..look at d gloves!..

just dropping in to say Hi..

so, did you have some pasta? :P

Bella said...

omg i am so glad leggings are finally out, i was getting tired of them. And i cannot wait to incomporate feathers and penguins into my wardrobe next year! Hooray!

MOLLY GRAY said...

wow.. that is the man with the cat.. that pic is everywhere...
cya,
+molly g.+

coco said...

i love that photo of the cats, i had it as my desktop for ages. great selection of the key trends.

Q said...

I may just be ignorant, but I don't see the difference between leggings and tights, aren't they the same?! And also, you forgot the crazy Viktor&Rolf trend of wearing 100-pound metal poles with your couture gown.

-S said...

the handss knitting the sweater? fabulous. practical? not at all.

L. said...

Ahhhh! I love penguins. Last year I saw some fairy penguins and they were the cutest things ever. Thanks for the link-age, shall return the favour.

molly said...

gloves...UNHANDED! GENIUS

hey dont be so hard on yourself. i loved your last post, verrry entertaining

Tru said...

tights are awwesome....not loveing the garbage bag dress though I want to throw her out...lol....lovely post

maya said...

ooh i have a cat! i must be more fashionable than i thought.
i love gloves so much but the ones on the clothes give me the creeps

Miss V. said...

Those illustrations are lovely!

Haha I love penguins. I laughed when I saw them at Chanel. Who would've guessed?

Cool Like Chloe said...

great post!

come check out my britney spears makeover poll!

La Principessa said...

I loved the clothes with the disembodied hands, too. Not sure I'll be trying it myself anytime soon, though.