Monday, February 19

that's one hot doctor...

I've been seeing a few post about hot guys lately, and I've decided to be unoriginal, jump on the bandwagon and tell you who my favourite piece of man-candy is right now.




I'm pretty much completely obsessed with Scrubs and therefore obsessed with JD, the main character who just happens to be played by Zach Braff. What can I say, I guess I'm just a sucker for the funny, cute, nerdy type.

And I realized that I haven't even posted anything about that article I was in! It wasn't like a one-on-one interview with Vogue or anything, but hey I was still pretty excited. The angle of the article was that teens are basically obsessed with designer duds and luxury goods, which seems kind of obvious to anyone living in a suburb or anywhere else where teens can be spotted. Anyways, I was mentioned in the very last paragraph and I can't really tell whether the article was bashing me for being materialistic( which I am) or admiring me for my ability to be strange and name dresses.

'For now, consumption does seem to be the ideal. Alison Roach, a 14-year-old ninth-grader who lives in a suburb of Vancouver, Canada, can't afford to buy any of the designer clothes she sees on Web sites and in magazines. Still, she is planning for a future draped in luxury goods. She dreams up nicknames for designer gowns -- calling a flowing floor length Roberto Cavalli number "Emma," and a fitted blue Michael Kors gown, "Lily" -- and posts the names and photos on her blog: bombazinedoll.blogspot.com. It is a way, says Alison, to express "what I would wear if I could, or hopefully will be wearing someday." '


I even got a little bit of a response! It was kind of cool to have completely random people from other countries emailing me and telling me how they read about me and my blog in the paper.

I even got a whole post on a blog called Life in a Venti Cup, which is pretty flattering.


'I was particularly taken with a blogger they mentioned near the end of the article, Alison, who writes a saucy blog called Bombazine Doll. Great name. Great blogger....Her blog is dedicated entirely to her love of all things fashion in the hope (goal) that one day she'll be able to afford luxury goods like these. She has a keen eye for style and punchy writing style. With so much to read these days it is easy to get bored. I'm already looking forward to the energy Alison's blog will bring'

I actually think my head is starting to get bigger..... So finally I end with a pretty bag.

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Just cuz it's a good way to end, and I like pretty bags.

16 Comments:

mareGa said...

Love the MJ bag. Braff... not so much.

Emma said...

zach braff is my LOVER.
seriously i love him and i did a whole post on him.
he is just so fucking CUTE, y'know? god i'm such a girl.
great bag!
congratulations on all the shoutouts i'm so jealous! lol you totally deserve it.

franki durbin said...

Thanks for the link love, Alison! You were the highlight of the WSJ journal article for me. By the way nice choices: the boy and the bag ;)

maya said...

I think that if i saw zach braff walking down the street i'd think he was tres ugly. but on scrubs hes just the cutest thing so he somehow gets seriously attractive.
but then i saw him on punk'd and i didnt like what i saw.

wendy said...

congrats on the article! zach braff is def one of those guys i could like just because of his sense of humor. but currently, i am obsessed with the nerdy accountant, henry, on ugly betty!! *sigh

Isabel said...

So you're officially featured in Vogue magazine? The J-Hud issue? If so, I must buy it!

Bella said...

You are famous now!! lol, a write up in vogue is amazing tho, and I love the bag @ the end

Alison said...

Everyone seems to be getting confused :p I was NOT featured in Vogue, I just said that 'It's not like I was featured in Vogue' lol but that would be soo cool...

ashley.heaton said...

lately i've been liking marc by marc even more than regular marc...such a cute bag.

Tru said...

he's adorablea and so is that bag

the lipstick lady said...

i need to sex zach braff up a little bit. not to get too graphic with you or anything.
that's so cool about the article, it's no wonder though because your blog is really good!

.m. said...

hey another cute post! i was hoping you could add me to your blogroll: modelmisbehaviour.blogspot.com

thanks!

-S said...

love the bag

Helena. said...

Me too! Me too! Me too! Absolutely in love with JD.. And Zach isn't too bad himself, you know he wrote and directed Garden state. Which I just happen to love!

Poshhh said...

who doesn't love pretty bags.

congrats on all the coverage hun.

am obsessed with scrubs too.

cute blog. wait scratch that.
SAUCY blog. love it.
xx

Tamron Lohan said...

omg! rock on w/ the coverage! very exciting! but HANDS OFF ZB! JD is MINE! :P