Saturday, February 10

o. m. g.

Today was just your average Saturday; tired from the week, and being in my teens I slept in till noon, woke up with a pounding headache, and made myself some tea. I turned on my computer, opened my email and.........

Hello,
I'm a reporter at the Wall Street Journal and I am writing the fashion column for our paper this week on Generation Y and fashion. I would love to interview you if that's okay. Is there a time when we can talk? I saw your posting on teenfashionista.com.
Thanks very much,
Vanessa

Vanessa O'Connell
Staff Reporter
Wall Street Journal

I'm pretty sure my mouth was open for a few minutes after reading that, basically in a mixture of 'are you serious?' and 'Oh my god!'. Vanessa O'Connell did include a few phone numbers which I wont post for privacy's sake, and after googling her I found out that Vanessa O'Connell is an actual person, and is an actual reporter for the Wall Street Journal.
I know other bloggers have found fame through their little slice of the internet but I never thought that I would potentially be one of them!
But maybe she just sent the email to the wrong person because I don't remember ever posting on www.teenfashionista.com.....

12 Comments:

Cupcake Queen said...

Oooh, that is exciting stuff! It's amazing how the internet is able to offer us these experiences!

Q said...

LOL. Even if she sent that to you mistakenly, it would be great if you took her up on the offer. Who would notice the difference?!

you're the one said...

wow! what an oppurtunity!

Wanderlusting said...

congrats! When I worked as a reporter/writer for some shit publication, I was accidently sent an invite to JC Chavez's birthday party in LA! They thought I was a PR person representing Paris Hilton and Joaquin Phoenix...it was unreal, but of course I couldn't go...arg, Vancouver sux.

PS Are you sure we aren't related? I still feel like yelling "PANTS!" from time to time

the lipstick lady said...

WOW, exciting stuffs, do it.

A said...

congrats!
You're so lucky :)

Lama Drama said...

omg congratulations! i hope the wall street journal brings you loads of fashion fame!

*cAt* said...

omg! wow! congratssss!

S said...

haha, you know your famous when...

Bella said...

OMG!!! That is so insanly cool, i am jealous!!

Tru said...

very exciting. congrats

Isabel said...

Jealous!