Tuesday, December 12

lost

This is my dog Klohie. She's so adorable, loving and happy. The perfect family dog in all respects. When we lived on Salt Spring our neighbors got a dog and fjust a few weeks later we went to look at the same litter of puppies and there she was; all roly-poly and puppy-ish, she looked like a little teddy bear. Now she's bigger, almost 5. I guess she's actually a middle-aged dog, even though my little sister still calls her puppy.

Klohie got out of our yard last night, but we didn't find out about it until a woman came to our door and said a black dog had been hit by a car and had ran off. I never thought something like that would happen to me, it seemed surreal at first. We looked until it was almost 11pm and we couldn't see anything, but we didn't find her. So now, I'm wondering if I'll ever see my middle-aged puppy ever again. I just wish I knew where she is, but for all I know she's completely alone, hungy and cold; maybe with a broken leg or something else from when the car hit her. But it's the uncertainty that kills me, and the wanting to do something so badly but knowing there's nothing I can do.

Sorry this all sounds so emo and depressing, but that's how I'm feeling right now. I didn't know something could hurt so much. Some people are probably thinking, 'Why is she all upset? It's just a dog'; but any dog owner will totally understand. Klohies not just a dog, shes a part of our family.

So basically, now comes the phone calls, posters, uncertaintly and helplessness.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I really hope you find her. I ahve a dog and I would die if anything happened to him. Good luck with the search.

Love Mel xoxoxo said...

awww omg. im sooo sorry. i had t give away my old dog and bawled like crazy. i hope u find her soon.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry!!!!! I would absolutly die if that happened to my dog! My whole family loves him so much, I don't think I would be able to eat sleep or think until we found him.

Anonymous said...

thats horrible. i hope you get your dog back soon!

Cool Like Chloe said...

wow im so sorry. i know how u feel. my bird died on december 2nd and i was so sad. i still am! hope your doggie comes back!

discothequechic said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog!

We're incredibly attached to our cats, and I can't even imagine how upset i'd be if something happened to them.

I hope you find your dog, and all turns out well. But if not, I believe things happen for a reason, and although its a horrible thing to happen, maybe it did?

S xx