Thursday, November 16

the pretty side of toilet paper



What would I do for a 100% white cashmere kimono? Eat dirt? Totally. Watch nothing but the Space Channel for a week? Probably. Wear a dress made of toilet paper? Why not? But then there's the small issue of having to make the dress first, tricky. Very tricky. Well, I guess I can still admire from afar, right?

Welcome to TP Couture: Cashmere’s Student Design Competition. The competition where u make a dress out of toilet paper and then don't go near water until you know if you won!

This is the winning gown for 2006

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh its beautiful!

Sarah said...

Oh yeah, i watch this a some fashion show not htat long ago. that's awesome that she could make this with toilet paper, i have a hard enough time with regular material, haha

S said...

oh, i heard about that on fashion television or something. they all turned out really well.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome, especially for toliet paper.....ooh and I'd love to link you but I can't seem to figure out how on my templeate cuz its all diffrent or w/e...if you could help that would be great

Haute Girl said...

wow, incredible.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Take a look on my shoes
Marina (from France)

molly said...

where is the afore-promised ryan update??

ahahaha, im getting really into this :D

misssixty said...

ah, brings back good 'ol memories of when i was 6 making toiletpaper dresses for my barbies...
i admire the person who came up with that contest for their creativity, ad the contestants too becase i'm sure making a tp dress is not so eas!

Elizabeth said...

that dress is amazing. i might actually wear it.... or not! its really cool though

Isabel said...

I would wear that dress even if I didn't get a cashmere kimono out of it!

Anne said...

It's stunning... I could never thought that is toilet paper

Archana said...

Can't believe it is toilet paper!