Thursday, September 7

something to ponder

Have you ever noticed that sometimes a designers style will be one way on the runway, and then totally different in stores? Or more specifically, the runway stuff can be crazy cool, but the buyable things are much more subdued. Take Alexander McQueen, at the shows you see neon bright colors, lots of embellishment, and varying fabrics from leopard print to fuzzy. But the stuff in stores...... I'm not liking it as much as I should for it's crazy price tag.


Crepe Evening Pants; $820

I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't pay that much for a pair of regular black dress pants. Maybe it's just so much me.


Embroidered Pirate Shirt; $1,195

I don't even like this shirt that much. Maybe it's the way it's shown, and it would actually look really good with a white tanktop under it and a big chunky belt cinched around the middle.

Now this stuff, I like. This is, in my opinion, the real McQueen.


It's a conspiracy I tell you!!! I'm almost on the verge of stroking my chin, smoking a pipe and getting on somebody's case.

8 Comments:

Haute Girl said...

nice pants! i like the satiny sash belt.

trendy fashionista said...

That green dress is gorgeous! I love it!

xoxo TF

thetiniestspark said...

ooh, yes, i agree. the pants are mediocre and that shirt is borderling hideous in a really simple way.

nice to meet you, glad you like the karl dress! tiniest spark vintage is waiting for your visit : )
http://stores.ebay.com/tiniest-spark-vintage

whee!

Lauren said...

woah. those clothes are very extrav-an-gant [i cant spell]
well my town is kinda town where everything is in walking distance. its kinda of a 'small town'. but not small.

Ms. Stylesse said...

the runway stuff is much hotter

Magarite Elaine said...

I love the grey outfit! Capes have always been one of my favorite trends. I think the belt really seals the deal for me.

fashionlovee said...

love the floaty glass green dress!

misssixty said...

love the green dress and the lepord print one!