Saturday, September 9

muses and the a-pod

What's inspiring me this week....


Abstract Art
In my opinion, art is best abstract. Sure, being able to paint an object with detail is a skill; but I think that to be able to paint something without form or point, and to be able to draw people in, that's something entirely different.

Chanel Couture 2006

The beautiful mix of feminine and edgy makes fashion proud.


I love Jessica Stam and Irina Lazareanu and they both looked really good in this show. Except for Jessica's unfortunate closed-eyes picture.

Indian Beaded Shoes

Adds a little sparkle to any outfit. Actually, adds a whole lot of sparkle. Awwwwesome.

On the a-Pod...

Get it? Alison-pod. Say if you're name was Sarah and you happened to have an i-Pod you would call it your s-Pod. Clever, huh?

  1. A LACK OF COLOR- Death Cab for Cutie ***
  2. BOSSY- Kelis
  3. DAKOTA- Stereophonics ***
  4. DARE- Gorillaz
  5. FLOAT ON- Modest Mouse
  6. CRAZY- Gnarls Barkley
  7. GOD KILLED THE QUEEN- Louis XIV
  8. I TURN MY CAMERA ON- Spoon ***
  9. SEXYBACK- Justin Timberlake ***
  10. SUDDENLY I SEE- KT Tunstall
  11. MISS MURDER- AFI
  12. MOMENTARY THING- Something Happens ***
  13. GRILLZ- Nelly
  14. OVER MY HEAD- The Fray
  15. PAINT THE SILENCE- South
  16. SWAY- The Perishers ***
  17. THE DENIAL TWIST- The White Stripes ***
  18. TITLE AND REGISTRATION- Death Cab for Cute ***
  19. TORTURE ME- Metric
  20. WALK AWAY- Franz Ferdinand
  21. WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG- The Killers ***

***= extra awesome.

There's so much more but blogger won't put up any more pictures....

7 Comments:

eddie said...

Very nice :)
Maybe we exchange links?
http://mragowskiemolo.blogspot.com - my blog.
If so then write me on mail, or speak in comments.

Sarah said...

i really like indian beaded shoes, great post. abstract art is fantastic.

Isabel said...

I have a "Creative Zen Touch" instead of an i-pod so I've lovingly dubbed it my Fraud-Pod.

misssixty said...

wow. i love the navy mini dress with the enormous gold buttons. amazing. great blog, loving the a-pod thing, too cute!
60
xx

Jane said...

let me tell you that most of those songs are on the j-pod!!!

daddylikeyblog said...

I listen to Suddenly I See every morning while I put my makeup on and pretend I'm in The Devil Wears Prada. Then I get really depressed when the song ends and I'm not.

Anonymous said...

yay for death cab and the white stripes! i love the denial twist.